Fall means leaves changing color, pumpkin carving, flannel wearing, and taking a trip to the apple orchard. Indianapolis has so many wonderful orchards surrounding the city. I wanted to share our experience at our favorite, Apple Works.
Collin and I have been going to Apple Works since we started dating 8 years ago. Each year they add something and it seems to be busier, which is why I might suggest going during the week if you can. So what can you do at Apple Works? Here is a list for you:
- Sample apples and find your favorite to take home.
- Enjoy an apple cider slushy.
- Listen to live music.
- Visit the petting zoo.
- If you have kids, there is a huge play area for them.
- Eat a delicious apple dumpling (with ice cream if you want).
- Have your face painted.
- Take a hay ride if you have to park in the back lot.
- Purchase all of the apple goodies you can think of including apple butter, apple bread, apple pie, and more. Plus all of it is homemade.
- Try the apple butter with a fried biscuit.
Apple Works is so family friendly. It's definitely a great way to spend an afternoon enjoying our beautiful fall Indiana weather.
Searching for other apple orchards in Indy?
Apple Works (southside)
Tuttle Orchards (northeast side)
Adrian Orchards (southside)
Anderson Orchard (southwest side)
Stuckey Farm Market (northwest side)
I am sure there are many more, however these are orchards that I am familiar with or have actually visited. We had our engagement photos taken at Anderson Orchard in 2015 and they turned out beautifully.
I hope this will help you plan your own trip to one of Indy's orchards. I'd love to know what your favorite fall activity is in the comments below.
Here's to a great week!
*This post was sponsored by Talk to Tucker. All thoughts and opinions are my own.